Kaoshikii is a yogic dance, that is beneficial for all three spheres of life: physical, mental, and spiritual.
In Baan Unrak we dance Kaoshikii every morning to start the day on a sentient wave.
On the 6th of September, the whole world celebrated the 45th anniversary of this incredible dance. We gathered online to dance non-stop for 12 hours, one group of dancers after another.
After the usual kiirtan and meditation, Didi told us about the history and meaning of Kaoshikii, inspiring us to dance with full devotion.
Kaoshikii is a rhythmic yogic dance, that uniquely combines a stretch of the spine in all directions, at the same time giving an aerobic workout to the heart. The cross-lateral movements of the feet improve brain coordination and increase mental acuity; while the graceful bending of the upper body opens up the major meridians of the body, increasing circulation and energy flow.
There is an ideation for every movement of Kaoshikii:
The two hands when upraised and folded together represent: "Now I am trying to establish a link with Parama Purusa (Supreme Consciousness)."
Bending to the right indicates: "I know the right way to request You."
Bending to the left indicates: "I know how to fulfill Your demands."
Bending forward suggests: "I completely surrender to You."
Bending backward represents: "I am ready to face all obstacles that may come."
The last two steps represent: "O Divine, I repeat Your cosmic rhythm."
Baan Unrak opened the continuous dance.
Following the rhythm, we led the first 21 minutes of the continuous dance, which shook the
whole planet this day.
Kaoshikii is very beneficial for body and mind:
1. It exercises all the glands and limbs from head to foot.
2. It increases longevity.
3. It makes for easy delivery.
4. The spine will become flexible.
5. Arthritis of the spine, neck, waist, and other joints will be removed.
6. Gout in the spine, neck, hands, and waist will be lost.
7. The mind becomes strong and sharp.
8. Irregularities in menstruation will be cured.
9. Glandular secretions will become regulated.
10. Troubles in the bladder and urethra will be cured.
11. It gives control over the limbs.
12. It adds charm and shine to the face and skin.
13. It removes wrinkles.
14. It removes lethargy.
15. It cures insomnia.
16. It cures panic attacks.
17. Fear complexes will be removed.
18. Hopelessness will be lost.
19. It helps in self-expression and develops one’s potential.
20. Spinal pain, piles, hernia, hydrocele in men, nervous pain, and nervous disability will be cured.
21. It cures kidney and gall bladder troubles, gastric trouble, dyspepsia, acidity, dysentery, syphilis, gonorrhea, obesity, thinness, and liver diseases.
22. It increases the capacity to work until 75-80 years of age.
The next day early in the morning, it was our duty to close the celebration. We had the honor to dance the last 21 minutes of the Kaoshikii marathon.
For some children, two sets of 21 minutes were quite challenging, but after it was done, we all felt strong and inspired and ready to face any obstacles on our way.